Saturday, November 1, 2008

Back from Guatemala!

Just came back from a 10 day adventure in the beautiful and fascinating country of Guatemala! If you have never been, or had reservations about visiting Central America, I urge you to just go. You'll have many wonderful experiences and have a fantastic time! I will post pictures and share my thoughts shortly.

Our itinerary included the following places: Antigua, Quetzaltenango ("Xela"), Chichicastenango, Guatemala City, Tikal and Lake Atitlan. From chicken buses to microbuses, we were able to get ourselves all over the country without any trouble. The country is so rich in culture, history and nature, it just left me speechless. There is so much to see and do in Guatemala, I was sad to leave. I do hope to go back again one day.

No comments: