Monday, November 3, 2008

An Election Frenzy

It's hard to believe how it's all coming to an end. After a dramatic campaign year, tomorrow is the day when voters finally decide who should become the next President of the United States. Puerto Ricans, those who live in the island, cannot participate in choosing the next Commander in Chief. However, tomorrow is also Election Day here, and they will be heading to the voting booths to help elect the next governor. It is quite obvious how Puerto Ricans are so passionate about politics. I've blogged about how Puerto Ricans wear their political colors on their sleeve, and it was truly the case this past weekend. We saw a countless number of people hanging their respective political party's flag, as well as the American one, from their cars. The Puerto Rican elections are also quite interesting this year, as the current governor has quite a large number of corruption charges leveled against him. It's hard to imagine why voters will elect him again, but one never knows. Anything is possible. People here are so loyal to their political party.

As for me, I have already sent my absentee ballot for the U.S elections, and I will also be voting tomorrow for the local elections. Thus far, I have not really talked about my political preferences because I don't want to make this a political blog. However, I must say I'm an Obama supporter. This is certainly one of the most important elections in the history of the U.S and I really hope everyone who is elegible to vote will do so tomorrow.
(Images obtained from www.endi.com and www.barackobama.com, respectively)

No comments: