Wednesday, November 25, 2009

On the Eve of Thanksgiving

This morning, as I walked into the supermarket, I couldn't help but get into the holiday spirit. The Christmas decorations, the crowds and a happy state of mind just did it for me. I have much to be grateful for, and I don't take any of it for granted. Be it bad or good, I feel a tremendous sense of gratitude for all the lessons learned. I realize this year has been especially hard for many people, with so much economic angst and uncertainty. Ever the optimist, I try to look at the positive side of things. I also appreciate the smallest things in life. In the end, it's all about being able to share all the ups and downs with those who care and love you the most.

This year, we'll be spending Thanksgiving with some family friends. For the first time in many years, I actually don't have to make a meal. Come to think of it, I'll actually miss doing that. I will be making a pumpkin cheesecake though. Yes, I love to bake and I can't imagine living without an oven. Besides spending quality time with those whom you love, the next best thing about the holidays is eating! Hands down! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Felicidades a ti tambien, y gracias para sus commentarios aqui!

adriana said...

Saludos anonimato,

Muchisimas gracias por visitar mi blog!