Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day! Feliz Día de Las Madres!

As I've gotten older, I've learned to appreciate my Mother even more. Although I'm not a mother yet, many of my friends have become mothers over the past few years. I hear about their stories of juggling both having a career and being a Mom, and I have nothing but admiration and respect for them. Throughout my life, I've been blessed with having some of the most fantastic role models, many of whom are females.

I am not an ultra-feminist, but I find strong, intelligent and ambitious women truly remarkable. Make no mistake, I do also admire stay-at-home Moms. Staying home to look after a child is no easing task, and I don't need to have kids to know that. Women are indeed a stronger species!

Here's a wonderful poem by Maya Angelou:

"Phenomenal Women"
It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet,
I'm a woman,
Phenomenally.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: