Monday, December 17, 2007

'Tis the Season

The holiday season has arrived! Today, I was in the local shopping mall (as pictured on the right), which was quite packed for a Monday morning. As I was walking around, I couldn't help but feel a bit nostalgic. I do miss the beautiful store displays of Fifth Avenue, and the lights that adorn New York City this time of the year. If you've never been to the Big Apple during the holidays, I highly recommend it!

When I lived in New York, I often flew down here to spend the holidays with my family. Despite my frequent trips, I never quite got used to the idea of a warm Christmas. However, I am not usually one to complain, especially since I got to enjoy the sun and the beach. Anyhow, December is usually a busy and stressful time of the year for many of us. It is also that time of the year where we are surrounded by excess. Come on, how can you resist from having that extra slice of cake, or another glass of wine? People also tend to run up a huge credit card bill. This leads me to conclude that the holidays has become a test for each and everyone of us. 'Tis the season to exercise some willpower. Find a way to celebrate the holidays without digging yourself into a mountain of debt. Also, try to eat healthy and balanced meals.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Tis the season indeed! Avg American spends $907 per person on X'Mas gifts! Do you remember what you got for your gifts last year? Most people don't!
Can't agree with you more!
NICE BLOG!