There are many running/walking events held in the island throughout the year, but here are some of the most prominent ones:
- Medio Maratón San Blas: located in the town of Coamo, this is a challenging half-marathon which is usually held on the third Sunday of February.
- World's Best 10K: takes you over the Teodoro Moscoso bridge in San Juan, usually held at the end of February or early March. You can either run it or walk it.
- La Guadalupe Marathon: held in Ponce, usually in December, this is the only marathon held in Puerto Rico. Unfortunately, I couldn't find their official Website but click on this calendar of events and scroll down to the final event, where you'll find a phone number for more information.
- Maratón Modesto Carrión: held in the town of Juncos, this is a half-marathon usually held in November.
- Carrera Internacional Abraham Rosa: held in the city of Toa Baja, this is a challenging 10K race that's usually held in May.