Saturday, August 23, 2008

Congrats to Keeth Smart!

"This guy looks so familiar," I thought to myself as I was staring into the TV screen. Then, I heard the reporter say: "you graduated from Brooklyn Tech." Aha! Bingo! I went to high school with this guy! So, who is Keeth Smart? He's isn't just an Olympic athlete who recently won a silver medal in fencing, he's actually a very impressive world class fencer.
Keeth probably doesn't remember me at all, but I am so happy for him. It was just so random how I found a high school classmate of mine, not on Facebook, but during a TV interview for his participation in the Olympics! How amazing is that? Whether or not you get to win a medal, going to the Olympics is something every athlete should be proud of. Of course, medaling is icing on the cake. Congrats Keeth! Your perserverence, hard work and dedication has paid off!

(Photo Credit: NBC4 Beijing Olympics)

No comments: